Our experiences, thoughts, ideas tend to narrow as we get older…..Let me explain…..
- you know, I can’t hang upside down, I get vertigo very easily. (I healed my vertigo with aerial, and you can too)
- that hot yoga is only for young people, I can’t stand to sweat. (sweating is very good for the body, so is yoga, it’s a win-win!)
- Last time I went running, I had knee pain for a week…..(a regular yoga practice HEALS & PREVENTS pain from coming in)
- since COVID I’m scared to leave the house. (we can’t hole up forever….we can and will stop this spread, by safe practices, it’s all starts with you)
- I can’t possibly give a speech, I don’t like the way I sound (yoga helps kill these thoughts that LIMIT us, and unites our body with our mind)
- I can’t do all this technical stuff, it’s too complicated. (I’m here to help you ……it’s wonderful to practice when, where you can with video on demand)
Someone asked me soon after becoming a yoga teacher why I practiced yoga. Without thinking much, I answered to be free of death. I have always been scared of my loved one’s dying. Recently, I’ve changed my answer. I practice yoga because I want to LIVE. I want to ride that roll a coaster, and not worry about breaking something….I want to run, and not worry about what might happen afterwards. In short, I want to LIVE. I want to Love my family while they are still here. I want nothing left on the table when my time comes.
We are here on this earth to LIVE, to LOVE, and to GIVE back all that we an. I practice yoga so I can give back all that was given to me.
See you on the mat,