Yoga is not a cure all, but given the chance, it will work miracles in your life. Here are some of the many miracles a regular yoga practice has had in my life…..
- Generally, I enjoy awesome health. (no colds, sinus trouble, sickness, or such the like)
- I have stepped away from all over the counter remedies, such as aspirin, pain relievers, because I simply don’t need them.
- Yoga has enhanced my relationship with my husband.
- Yoga has allowed me to be more open to my family, friends.
- I have passed through menopause, without a pill, shot, or whatever you might take.
- I am more joyful, and appreciate all the big and little things that come into my life.
- I find myself, not holding on or trying to control to get what I want…..ie: people, things.
- I like to live simply, trying my best to not waste, and do more of reducing, and reuse.
- Generally, I am happy in my skin.
- I am at peace, and think I’m a much nicer person. (I used to have road rage, now I send out love.)
It sounds like I live through rose colored glasses. But that is not true, I’ve had more than my fair share of stress throughout my life. But I’ve also been blessed abundantly. I look back on my life, and I’m so grateful for the people who had played a pivotal role in my life. My parents, husband, and especially my yoga teachers. I was accepted, loved, despite my many flaws and ignorance; I was given the tools that I have used to live this life well. Nothing worthwhile comes easy. I have studied, and worked hard to step into the shoes, my yoga teachers have given me.
Yoga does take work, and effort. But given the chance, I would do it all over again, and again. I realize, that the gifts my yoga teachers have given me, are treasures beyond time, space and money. This is a debt I pay back. I pay back to others. I do my best to share yoga, and share the gifts. All it takes, is one small step into the studio. Day after day, just make a commitment, and come. I promise it will work miracles in your life as well.
See you on the mat,