For me, the fountain of youth is aerial hammock yoga. Hanging upside down, swinging like a monkey, makes me FEEL good, in so many ways. I always leave lighter than when I come in. After 6 plus years of regularly hanging upside down here is what I experience…….
- * Both right and left hemispheres of my brain get balanced. (this may not seem like a big deal, but that is why we do yoga) I can tell I’m balanced because my breath flows equally in the left and right nostril, leaving you refreshed, energized, and relaxed.
- FACT: I’ve grown 2 inches taller in the last 6 years. I’m still growing, while others are shrinking.
- Aerial reminds me to “Let Go”. The way the fabric wraps around tight areas of my body shows me mental, physical tension that I HAVE to let go off. We cannot control our lives, every little second is a beautiful gift to cherish. This practice reminds me of this fact.
- I feel so much stronger in my core. Every practice is a opportunity to grow longer, get stronger, “I’m holding back the hands of time”.
- Inversions promise with additional blood flow to the face, you will look and feel younger. Can’t say if that is true, but I always feel great after hammock.
- Aerial Hammock helps me lighten my mood. Sometimes, I can let problems weigh me down. This practice reminds me I am LIGHT!
Don’t believe me? Just take a look at some additional research, Change your POV, Can hanging upside down improve your health?
I can say for sure, that my spine loves me back (haha) when I do it.
Come and try aerial hammock. Be consistent with the practice. I promise you too will be saying, “It’s the fountain of youth!”.
See you on the mat, upside down yogi’s,