Experience Inversion with Hammock Yoga!
Thursday’s at 7:30
You must be 16 years or older to attend hammock classes.
In the Aerial BAT hammock classes, we experience: Playful freedom exploring different movements in the hammocks, strength building (with focus on core work) and Deep releases. (especially the psoas muscle)
Aerial Yoga is an excellent addition to your usual yoga practice.
BAT yoga simply means how Bat’s hang upside down. When my son saw me in my hammock, he said I looked like a “Bat”. Inversion simply reverses the aging force of gravity. Four major systems in the body are positively influenced: cardiovascular, lymphatic, nervous, and endocrine. What are some of the amazing benefits of inverting?
- Circulatory system is refreshed (body can clean out and collect carbon dioxide plus waste more efficiently)
- Inversions ensure healthier and more effective lung tissue. Inverting brings blood to the well-ventilated upper lobes of the lungs, ensuring more efficient oxygen-to-blood exchange and healthier lung tissue.
- Lymph system which removes waste material and extra fluids is stimulated, thus strengthening your immune system.
- Inversion uses gravity to gently align, adjust, and give traction to the spine creating space for the discs while straightening and balancing the spinal column.
- Inversions boots brain power. Blood flow is increased nourishing the cells with more oxygen and nutrients required for optimal brain function.
- Inversion improves digestion and elimination.
- Inversion elevates the mood and relieves depression, releasing neurotransmitters. It also balances hormones- combined with therapeutic postural correction it is normal to feel immediately uplifted after inversion.
- Muscle tension is reported to decrease by 35% while inverting. You will feel “Tony the Tiger……Grrrrrreat!!”
- Inversion can lead to a more beautiful appearance. Good posture, grace, balance and symmetry. With more blood flow to the brain the facial capillaries and hair follicles receive more oxygen and nutrients, nature’s best beauty treatment.
- HOWEVER…… Inversions are not for everyone. If you have certain health restrictions, recent surgery or are unsure if this is the right time for you to start inverting, please call the studio to discuss. 513-204-5657
Registration Policy for Hammock classes:
- 1st preference to hammock classes will be given to current members who have hammock passes, or memberships/Passes (month to month or New Client Special passes) that include hammock classes. Sign up online to avoid confusion and guarantee your spot.
- Drop in’s (either online or walk in’s) will be admitted after all above clients have hammocks.
- For your safety and care of our equipment you must adhere to the following guidelines, or you may not be admitted to hammock classes:
• Wear a t-shirt that covers your underarms.
• No ZIPPERS, BUTTONS OR JEWELRY. No exceptions. No sharp objects on the body of any kind, including nails.
Taught by Paula Levels 1,2,3
- Before Musle Tension in the Body 50%
- After Experiencing BAT YOGA 32.5%