Experience Inversion with Hammock Yoga!
Come and FLY with us!
Aerial Hammock Foundation Classes
Our Foundation classes teach you the basics of inverting with the hammocks, re-aligning the spine. Attention to detail, safety, and alignment will be the focus for this class. Every basic inversion will be covered, along with plenty of standing poses using the hammock as a prop. Every class will have 3 inversions, that might change from week to week. The hammock is also used to go deeper into stretches that are not accessed in a regular yoga class. Aerial Hammock yoga uses techniques from Yoga, pilates, and calisthenics to build your core. Each class ends in meditation, surrounded in fabric, and is wonderfully relaxing. Level 1
Aerial Yin/Restorative Yoga
With the hammocks dropped down low to the floor, this class offers a unique approach to yin yoga, where the postures are held a little longer for greater muscle release. This class is great for those who are brand new to aerial hammock, and for yogi’s who want a deeper release than traditional yin yoga. These poses are grounding, healing and will hugely improve your back and hip flexibility. Find new places in pigeon pose and release the hip flexors while lying on the hammock, and being supported by the floor. Restore energy levels with gentle inversions. Level 1
Aerial Hammock Core
Want to build a strong core? This class uses traditional methods such as yoga and pilates while using the hammock to build a strong stable center. An ever-changing parade of drills and unique skills aimed to challenge a student’s balance, core, grip and ability to hold their body weight off the ground and inside the hammock. Feel free to take this class once you feel comfortable with the foundational entrances, exits and body positions taught in Aerial Hammock Foundation classes. Level 1
Turn your Frown upside down Yoga
In this playful, high energy class, you will invert! Aerial Yoga combines vinyasa flow yoga and aerial swings to create a practice that is full of movement, playfulness and freedom. With the support of the hammocks, advanced poses such as Handstand, headstand, shoulder stand and peacock pose become easily accessible to all. This class moves at a faster pace, and will include more inversions. For most people we recommend that you attend 6 or more Foundation Aerial Hammock classes before this class, but if inversions are your thing, and you have a strong yoga practice this class is appropriate for you. If you are not sure how you will do inverting, or get motion sickness easily, or are brand new to aerial hammock it’s advised to attend a Level 1 Aerial Hammock class until you are totally comfortable with the hammock and being upside down. Level 2
For your safety and care of our equipment you must adhere to the following guidelines, or you may not be admitted to hammock classes:
• Wear a t-shirt that covers your underarms.
• No ZIPPERS, BUTTONS OR JEWELRY. No exceptions. No sharp objects on the body of any kind, including nails, or body piercings.
* You must be 16 or older to participate in hammock classes.
In the Aerial hammock classes, we experience: Playful freedom exploring different movements in the hammocks, strength building (with focus on core work) and Deep releases. (especially the psoas muscle) Aerial Yoga is an excellent addition to your usual yoga practice. Four major systems in the body are positively influenced: cardiovascular, lymphatic, nervous, and endocrine. What are some of the amazing benefits of inverting?
- Circulatory system is refreshed (body can clean out and collect carbon dioxide plus waste more efficiently)
- Inversions ensure healthier and more effective lung tissue. Inverting brings blood to the well-ventilated upper lobes of the lungs, ensuring more efficient oxygen-to-blood exchange and healthier lung tissue.
- Lymph system which removes waste material and extra fluids is stimulated, thus strengthening your immune system.
- Inversion uses gravity to gently align, adjust, and give traction to the spine creating space for the discs while straightening and balancing the spinal column.
- Inversions boots brain power. Blood flow is increased nourishing the cells with more oxygen and nutrients required for optimal brain function.
- Inversion improves digestion and elimination.
- Inversion elevates the mood and relieves depression, releasing neurotransmitters. It also balances hormones- combined with therapeutic postural correction it is normal to feel immediately uplifted after inversion.
- Muscle tension is reported to decrease by 35% while inverting. You will feel “Tony the Tiger……Grrrrrreat!!”
- Inversion can lead to a more beautiful appearance. Good posture, grace, balance and symmetry. With more blood flow to the brain the facial capillaries and hair follicles receive more oxygen and nutrients, nature’s best beauty treatment.
- HOWEVER…… Inversions are not for everyone. If you have certain health restrictions, recent surgery or are unsure if this is the right time for you to start inverting, please call the studio to discuss. 513-204-5657
Registration Policy for Hammock classes:
- 1st preference to hammock classes will be given to current members who have hammock passes, or memberships/Passes that include hammock classes. Sign up online or download our app to avoid confusion and guarantee your spot.
- Drop in’s (either online or walk in’s) will be admitted after all above clients have hammocks.
- For your safety and care of our equipment you must adhere to the following guidelines, or you may not be admitted to hammock classes:
• Wear a t-shirt that covers your underarms.
• No ZIPPERS, BUTTONS OR JEWELRY. No exceptions. No sharp objects on the body of any kind, including nails or body piercings.
- Before Musle Tension in the Body 50%
- After Experiencing Aerial Hammock YOGA 32.5%